Hakuhodo Inc. (“Hakuhodo”) undertakes marketing, proposes solutions and develops and implements creative for its clients in order to increase their life value. The basis for all activities is Hakuhodo's Sei-katsu-sha Insight and Partnership corporate philosophies. In striving to consistently devise the best marketing proposals, we believe the most important consideration is to know sei-katsu-sha, or “living consumers,” deeply in order to respond to their needs. Thus sei-katsu-sha data is essential to our corporate activities. We have long recognized the importance to our corporate activities of managing personal data, one source of sei-katsu-sha data. With society's recent interest in the protection of personal data, we have undertaken to clearly express our personal data handling policies internally and externally, and make a commitment to ensuring strict adherence to these policies by all executives and employees.
Hakuhodo handles personal data that it collects independently; personal data provided by client companies, media companies and affiliated companies; and personal data about our executives and employees and those of our affiliated companies. We handle such personal data appropriately in line with applicable laws, industry standards and Hakuhodo's own internal regulations.
Hakuhodo in principle utilizes statistically processed personal data. However from time to time, Hakuhodo also utilizes data such as the following that could potentially identify individuals:
- Data collected from questionnaire surveys, group interviews or other R&D and research activities that could potentially identify individuals.
- Data collected from entrants in promotional campaigns consigned to Hakuhodo by client companies or media owners that could potentially identify individuals.
- Personal data from Internet-based membership organizations operated by Hakuhodo.
- Data otherwise collected in conducting our business that could potentially identify individuals.
- Personal data about executives and employees of Hakuhodo, our affiliates and companies that collaborate with Hakuhodo.
Hakuhodo has established and adheres to the following basic principles with regard to handling personal data.
- Hakuhodo observes all ordinances, regulations, agreements and internal regulations related to personal information.
- When acquiring personal information from individuals, Hakuhodo first explains how the data will be utilized and whether the information may be provided to a third party, as well as how the data will be utilized in that case. Furthermore, should there be any change to the purpose of the data or the entities to which it may be provided, we inform the individual concerned. In case we do not obtain their agreement, utilization of the data is restricted to that which has been agreed to. We comply with all requests not to utilize any or all of the data. We also strive to maintain the accuracy of the data, and comply with all requests to disclose, amend or delete the data.
- Hakuhodo confirms how personal data from client companies or media owners obtained in conducting our business was collected and the scope of use consented to. We utilize the data appropriately in line with the requirements of the business affiliate and our own internal regulations.
- Hakuhodo promotes appropriate utilization of personal data and adherence to all regulations and rules through regularly conducted educational programs for executives and employees that convey the importance of personal data protection, legal requirements, management systems, regulations for handling the data and measures in case of breach of regulations.
- To protect personal data, Hakuhodo has defined internal management and responsibility systems, and selected staff responsible for the management of personal information.
- Hakuhodo has established regulations regarding the safe and appropriate handling of personal data including viewing, utilization, storage, destruction and return of such data, and abides by these through the offices of staff responsible for the management of personal information.
- Hakuhodo has built appropriate data systems, data management systems and other measures to prevent theft, loss, manipulation or destruction of personal data due to unauthorized access.
- When outsourcing personal data processing, Hakuhodo selects contractors it has confirmed as able to ensure safe management of information in line with our regulations, and provides appropriate supervision of these contractors.
- In the unlikely event a problem arises, Hakuhodo has established structures to quickly and accurately detect the problem, make appropriate decisions, and take appropriate action.
- Hakuhodo makes efforts to constantly improve by monitoring personal information management and responding to changes in the external environment.