Tokyo—December 27, 2018—Hakuhodo Inc., Japan’s second largest advertising company, is pleased to announce that Hakuhodo Group company TBWA\HAKUHODO has won two Gold—the Japan Creative Agency of the Year for the 8th time and the Japan Digital Agency of the Year awarded to its digital arm Digital Collective—at the 2018 Agency of the Year Awards held by Asia’s premier advertising journal, Campaign Asia-Pacific. In addition, IdeasXMachina Advertising (Philippines), a member of the Hakuhodo Group, also won Gold in the Southeast Asia Best Culture category.
TBWA\HAKUHODO received a record total of 10 awards—3 in the agency categories and 7 in the people categories.
The Agency of the Year Awards recognize results in advertising and communication in the five regions Southeast Asia, Japan/Korea, Greater China, South Asia and Australia/New Zealand and are judged independently by Campaign Asia-Pacific.
- Gold, Japan Creative Agency of the Year: TBWA\HAKUHODO Inc.
- Gold, Japan Digital Agency of the Year: TBWA\HAKUHODO / Digital Collective
- Gold, Southeast Asia Best Culture: IdeasXMachina Advertising, Inc.
- Bronze, Japan/Korea Best Culture: TBWA\HAKUHODO Inc.
- Winner, Japan/Korea Account Person of the Year: Shinsuke Inazumi, TBWA\HAKUHODO Inc.
- Winner, Japan/Korea Agency Head of the Year: Chris Iki, TBWA\HAKUHODO Inc.
- Winner, Japan/Korea Creative Person of the Year: Takahiro Hosoda, TBWA\HAKUHODO Inc.
- Winner, Japan/Korea Channel/Engagement Planner of the Year: Toshihiro Sekiya, TBWA\HAKUHODO Inc.
- Winner, Japan/Korea Strategic/Brand Planner of the Year: Keita Kawakatsu, TBWA\HAKUHODO Inc.
- Winner, Japan/Korea Young Achiever of the Year: Tomoko Kasugai, TBWA\HAKUHODO Inc.
- Runner-up, Southeast Asia Young Achiever of the Year: Juice Aguilar, IdeasXMachina Advertising, Inc.
- Runner-up, Japan/Korea Talent Management Person: TBWA\HAKUHODO HR Team
Read news release